Friday, July 24, 2009

Are you serious?

Another posting from yours truly

A sign pointing southbound travelers onto Business Highway 51 in Rothschild and Schofield bears an incorrect spelling for every word except “exit.”

David Vieth, director of the bureau of highway operations for the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, said the mistake was made by Decker Supply Company of Madison, which printed the sign.

The sign for exit 185 on southbound Highway 51 reads “Buisness 51 Rothschield Schofeild.”

“How do I politely say it shows some incompetence on someone’s part?” said Rothschild Village President Neal Torney.



So anyone who has ever worked with me or spent enough time with me knows that my biggest pet peeve is spelling (close second is ROAST BEEF). So when I was driving to work, I was surprised I didn't catch this major FAIL along side the road. Of course, the correct spelling should be:
Exit 185
Business 51
Rothschild
Schofield

Now I know that times are hard, and sometimes good help is hard to find, but WTF!!!???!!! Even my spell check covers "Rothschild" and "Business" and if you're spelling "field" wrong then I advise you seriously consider your career path.

I so hope that CNN or FOX News catches this and makes all Wisconsinites look stupid. That would be great (catch the sarcasm?). Now the bigger question is, will the state incur any more expenses to fix this SNAFU? Probably. And the dropout who eff'd it up will probably get fired and be living off of the government cheese for another year while he builds another meth lab in his VW Microbus.

OK, enough venting.

Peace,

ESD.

No comments:

Post a Comment